Voskresenskaya Ol'ga Leonidovna, Doctor of biological sciences, professor, head of the sub-department of ecology, Director of the Institute of Natural sciences and Pharmacy, Mari State University (1 Lenin square, Yoshkar-Ola, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Polovnikova Marina Grigor'evna, Candidate of biological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of anatomy and sports medicine, Kuban State University of Physical Culture, Sports and Tourism (161 Budennogo street, Krasnodar, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. The study of phosphorus metabolism of lawn plants growing in areas with different degrees of anthropogenic load allows to identify changes in the basic physiological and biochemical processes in plants at different stages of ontogenesis, to reveal the mechanisms of environmental sustainability and the possibility of correcting the conditions for creating high-quality turf coatings in cities.
Materials and methods. The objects of study were lawn plants (Dactylis glomerata L. and Poa pratensis L.) of three age States: virginal (v), middle-aged generative (g2) and subsenile (ss). The research was carried out in the territory of the city of Yoshkar-Ola of the Mari El Republic. Samples were taken for analysis in conditionally clean, medium-polluted and polluted zones. The content of total phosphorus was determined by photocolorimetric method on the “blue” phosphor-molybdenum complex. To characterize the processes of phosphorus movement, the coefficient of motion (Kp) was used. Data processing was carried out by statistical method.
Results. In the urban environment in the vegetative organs of lawn plants (D. glomerata, P. pratensis) determined the content of total phosphorus. As pollution increased, the total phosphorus content in the leaves and roots of lawn plants decreased. During ontogenesis from the virginal state to the generative state, this index increased followed by a fall in the subsenile state in all zones of the study. In this case, the basipetal distribution of phosphorus in the vegetative organs of lawn plants was clearly manifested. In general, a higher content of total phosphorus in the vegetative organs was characteristic of individuals of D. glomerata compared to individuals of P. pratensis.
Conclusions. The content of total phosphorus in the vegetative organs of lawn plants depends on the species and biological age of lawn plants, as well as environmental conditions. Phosphorus leaves aging cells with age and its concentration in old tissues is usually lower than in young ones. An increase in the negative anthropogenic environmental impact on lawn plants causes a decrease in the total phosphorus content in their vegetative organs.
Dactylis glomerata, Poa pratensis, ontogenezis, urban environment, pollution, the content of total phosphorus
1. Alimkulov S. O., Muradova D. K. Molodoy uchenyy [Young scientist]. 2015, no. 10, pp. 44–47. [In Russian]
2. Alyabysheva E. A., Voskresenskaya O. L. Ekologiya i genetika populyatsiy [Ecology and genetics of populations]. Yoshkar-Ola: Periodika Mariy El, 1998, pp. 173, 174.[In Russian]
3. Voskresenskaya O. L., Alyabysheva E. A., Kopylova T. I., Sarbaeva E. V., Baranova A. N. Ekologiya goroda Yoshkar-Oly [Ecology of Yoshkar-Ola]. Yoshkar-Ola, 2004, 200 p. [In Russian]
4. Chupakhina G. N., Malykhina L. V. Vestnik Baltiyskogo federal'nogo universiteta imeni I. Kanta. Ser.: Estestvennye i meditsinskie nauki [Bulletin of Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University. Series: Natural and medical sciences]. 2006, no. 7, pp. 73–81. [In Russian]
5. Zhukova L. A. Populyatsionnaya zhizn' lugovykh rasteniy [Population life of meadow plants]. Yoshkar-Ola: Lanar, 1995, 224 p. [In Russian]
6. Voskresenskaya O. L., Alyabysheva E. A., Polovnikova M. G. Bol'shoy praktikum po bioekologii: ucheb. posobie [Big practical work on bioecology: textbook]. Yoshkar-Ola: Mariyskiy gosudarstvennyy un-t, 2006, part 1, 107 p. [In Russian]
7. Kovalenskiy A. L. Trudy Buryatskogo instituta EN BFSO AN SSSR. Ser.: Biokhimiya [Proceedings of the Buryat Institute of the Siberian branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences of the USSR. Series: Biochemistry]. Ulan-Ude, 1969, iss. 2, pp. 6–28. [In Russian]
8. Malykhina L. V. Izvestiya Kaliningradskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Proceedings of Kaliningrad State Technical University]. 2004, no. 5, pp. 43–47. [In Russian]
9. Su Kh. S., Ven S. Ya., Yan Ya. Fiziologiya rasteniy [Plant physiology]. 2007, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 833–840. [In Russian]